Tuesday, October 04, 2005

secrets

Just saw a CNN report on that secrets blog (I'm too lazy to find it) where everybody sends in their secret on a postcard.

It made me think about what secrets I would send. And that feeling of... release, that must come with looking at the words that represent the actions/emotions/thoughts/fantasies/whatever that we keep from everyone else. That I/you/we could send something in and let others know without knowing. And the reverse of that being the voyeurism of seeing something that we're not supposed to.

So there are my secrets, those things that I do not tell you, that I will not tell you. (Though I wonder what you'd think if you did know.) And then there are yours. There's something strangely reassuring in not knowing everything about someone. Then again, I'm too fucking curious about... well, everything, not to want to know that which makes you tick.

3 Comments:

At 10/07/2005 08:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

here you go, babe - http://postsecret.blogspot.com/
bet you can't guess which one is mine.

 
At 11/11/2005 07:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you start a blog, your personal and professional life should come second. You have made a commitment to your readers to inform and entertain, which you are not fulfilling. Perhaps you're still researching those secret blogs out there. Whatever the case, I am filled with disillusionment and disappointment at the lack of value this log has provided me as of recent. Come back to us Pastor Stephen with your gospel of sarcasm and disdain for those in power.

 
At 11/14/2005 06:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that everyone's posting back as "anonymous"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home