Monday, June 06, 2005

Classmates.com

You've seen their ads, right? They show some yearbook photos from different decades of people with decidedly different looks. 60s, 70s, 80s... various bad haircuts... I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

This entry is going to suck until I'm able to paste one of the ads here, but it's in my mind so I've got to get it out before I forget.

Well, if you're familiar, then maybe you remember the picture of the guy with blonde hair, parted on the side, slicked down with a decent amount of gel (Studio by Loreal was the product whose marketing worked on me), wearing what seems to be a white t-shirt under another t-shirt. I think I went to school with that guy. In fact, I think his homeroom followed mine alphabetically. I only know that though b/c my girlfriend was in that homeroom. In a box in the next room are my high school yearbooks. My mom brought them up about 6 months ago when she was cleaning out her storage space. (Yet another step on the road to adultification: having to be responsible for your childhood junk.) Somewhere, in one of those cheesy memoirs of the years with various parts I'd like erased from my brain, I could find a picture of Jack McClure that would prove or disprove my theory. It will have to be based on those books b/c there's no picture of Jack McClure on his page on classmates.com. (Hope that shows up for you. This interwebbin' is hard work.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home